BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Holidays





Aaraon's boat last sunday when it was snowing in Redding



Aaron and I at my christmas party




Aaron and I at his Christmas party





Well it's been a busy holiday season. I'm still thinking about Rachel and Garrett everyday and wondering why a tragedy has to happen around the holidays, or why is has to happen at all..... I'm really missing my friends in Eureka right now, wishing I could see them and be there to support them..... but unfortunately I don't have 4 wheel drive and I don't feel safe driving over the mountain by myself. I'm wishing Rachel some peace and comfort this holiday season.



In other news, i've been busy getting ready for christmas, i'm finally finished shopping, wrapping and got all my packages shipped. I also did all of Aaron's shopping for him as he's a man and hates shopping, lol. We had both our christmas parties last weekend, his was friday night, mine was Saturday and then Aaron had a tournament Sunday. He got up at 3:30 am to go fishing in the snow, I don't get it, lol. He placed fifth at this tournament. I was amazed it started snowing in Redding on Sunday. I was wrapping presents and didn't even realize it till i looked outside after several hours. All the cars in my neighborhood and the ground was covered in a couple inches but it melted overnight.



I've been wanting to buy a Wii for almost a year now, so I finally broke down and bought one. They are so much fun, I feel like a big kid. I just like how they are so interactive. I also broke down last night and gave Aaron one of his christmas presents early. It was a bass fishing game for the Wii. It's actually really fun, I was playing it today. I like it better than real fishing cause I can actually catch fish! Lol. Aaron was getting mad though cause the line kept breaking and he didn't understand why he couldn't upgrade to a stronger fishing line, lol. Maybe they should make that an option in the game..... I love the bowling and golf games, they're pretty fun.



Work is getting busier, it's respiratory season so all the little ones are coming in. RSV season also started so we'll be busy for the next several months. RSV is a respiratory virus that is very serious in infants and makes them extremely sick. There isn't any medicine to treat it, just supportive care like IV fluids, oxygen and lots of nose suctioning (which they hate!) So i'll be honing my suctioning skills again.... This week is a little slower because of the holidays so i'm actually on call right now, i'll be up for several more hours though because I slept in today expecting to work and I'm working tomorrow night, maybe i'll play the wii a bit......



I hope everyone has a happy holidays, Aaron and I are headed over to his parents house on Christmas, so i'm excited for that, he has such a wonderful family. My thoughts and prayers are with Rachel and Garretts Family and friends during this holiday season.....









0 comments: