BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why?

I haven't been in the mood for posting much lately, a good friend of mine was killed last week. It is an extremely sad situation. He was shot during a home invasion robbery and later passed away at the hospital. His girlfriend (one of my close friends) was there throughout the entire event and words cannot even express how torn apart her world is now. My heart breaks for her everytime I think about her and everything she has been through. I just don't understand how one human being could do something so horrible to another......
A gift for such a little while,
your loss just seems so wrong,
you should not have left before us,
it’s with loved ones you belong.


The memorial service is today and I wish so much that I could be there. However a storm decided to show its face this weekend and its just not safe for me to drive my car over the mountain, not to mention making it back over here. It's breaking my heart that I can't be there for Rachel and all of my other friends affected by this horrible tragedy. Garrett was one of the most amazing men you could ever meet, he was always smiling and joking around, he could always make me laugh. He will be so greatly missed by so many. Rest in peace G-man, you are always in my thoughts.....



Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer,
To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say,
But how many were sorry when he passed away.

0 comments: